WITH GATHERING EVENTS
Welcome to the world of cocktails, where we will share with you how to mix, shake, stir and sip essential cocktails. From the comfort of your own home, you can enjoy some of the finest and classic cocktails, perfect for brunch, refreshing afternoons, happy-hours and special celebrations. Each cocktail recipe is carefully crafted and ready for you to to master as well.
THE OLD FASHIONED
The original cocktail.
Dating back to the 1850's, the Old Fashioned is a simple yet impressive classic.
It’s a great way to dress up your favourite whiskey, bourbon or rum, using only a few ingredients and served over ice the idea of this cocktail is to really showcase the spirit.
As this cocktail has such a long history, its no surprise it has variations today but this classic version is one of our favourites.
- 3 Dashes Bitters
- 60ml Whiskey
- 7.5ml Simple Syrup
- Orange Peel - to garnish
- Pour bitters, whiskey and simple syrup into a shaker or mixing glass
- Top with ice and stir together
- Use a Hawthorne Strainer to strain into serving glass
- Top up with ice
- Twist orange peel over the top and serve in the side
MINT GRAPEFRUIT COLLINS
The simple combination of fresh ingredients makes this the perfect cocktail for Summer. Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice over lime, mint, white rum and a dash of soda – you can’t get more refreshing than that.
Traditionally a tall style Collins glass is used for white spirit cocktails such as this and best part is no shaker necessary for this one, simply stir together, serve over ice and you're ready to go!
- Half a Lime, quartered
- 60ml Bacardi Rum
- 50 ml Grapefruit Juice
- 6 Large Mint Leaves
- Soda Water
- Grapefruit Slice - to garnish
- Sprig Mint Leaves - to garnish
- Muddle the lime quarters in a tall glass
- Add Bacardi, grapefruit juice, mint leaves and stir
- Add some ice and stir through again
- Top with a dash of soda and more ice
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and mint leaves sprigs
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
The classic margarita, undeniably one of the worlds most loved cocktails – and for good reason!
Conjuring up summer holidays, Sunday sessions and girls nights, we love the perfect balance of sweet and sour.
The most important ingredient here is obviously tequila, but before you run he other way, it’s time you investigated this spirit, which has recently seen a new premium range hit the shelf. Warning: these will have no relation to the ‘lip, sick, suck’ products you’re probably familiar with.
We suggest you experiment until you find the perfect proportions that you and your palate love.
- 30ml Tequila
- 30 Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- 30ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 5ml Agave Nectar (optional)
- Salt Flakes - to salt the glass rim
- Whole Lime - to garnish
- Pour tequila, cointreau, agave nectar and fresh lime juice into shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes, shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Rub the rim of the margarita glass with a lime wedge, and then dip the rim of the glass into salt (on a plate).
- Strain the drink (with a Hawthorne strainer) over your margarita glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel or wedge - whichever you fancy.
HIBISCUS GIN SOUR
Have you heard - gin is all the rage right now, and it's one of our favs!
With summer heating up, this twist on a classic gin sour cocktail is an easy, light and super refreshing choice. The hibiscus adds sweetness and compliments the gin with it's floral component perfectly.
- Egg Whites
- 50ml Gin
- 15ml Hibiscious Sugar Syrup (make your own!)
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 10ml Chambord
- Dry Hibiscus to garnish
HIBISCUS SUGAR SYRUP
- In a small sauce pan, simmer equal parts water and sugar until dissolved
- Add in hibiscus, simmer for another 15 minutes
- Remove from heat, let it sit for 20 minutes
- Add to your shaker; egg whites, gin, hibiscus sugar syrup, lemon juice
- Dry shake (5-10 seconds)
- Add ice
- Shake for 20 seconds – nice and fast!
- Strain into serving glass
- Pour in Chambord
- Garnish with hibiscus flowers
- Drink up!
It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t love an espresso martini these days. Originating in London in the 80’s, this indulgent cocktail is the perfect party drink, giving you that little pick me up with a touch of sophistication.
Fresh espresso makes all the difference with this martini and just like your morning coffee, you can make it as sweet as you like! Have a play with the amount of sugar syrup or even try using a bit of salt if you like a more bitter taste.
- 45 ml fresh espresso
- 30 ml Vodka
- 30 ml Kahlua
- 5 ml simple syrup
- Coffee beans - to garnish
- Pour espresso, vodka, Kahlua and sugar syrup (optional) into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice, shake for 10-15 seconds (put your back into it).
- Strain your drink over a martini glass (be sure you use a Hawthorne AND mini sieve)
- Garnish with three coffee beans.
- Bottoms up!